Saturday, December 18, 2004

12km @ "Pace"

I felt this was a very worthwhile session & pleased with it! "Pace" as I use it, is a session where I try to maintain the same pace that I hope to maintain on the day, i.e. race day, so Saturday is never an easy day. Today's average pace was 7:15 mins.per km. Not too bad for me!

Didn't leave till 11:00a.m. (need sometimes to be out in the warmer part of the morning as will happen on race day); felt fresh & able to push along at around 85% of max. and a negative split of just over 2 mins. I put feeling so good down to having substituted a run on Thursday for an hour's deep water running, so with yesterday a rest day, I was really feeling so much fresher today. Will do this any other week when feeling tired or stiff, etc.

.... next, Sunday long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment