Sunday, February 27, 2005

1 X 50km!

Took the opportunity of a cool morning, early start & no rain to do a first 50km run.....jog 1km/walk 2 mins. Same course as last week...down & back up Macquarie Pass. 2X25km.

Took the usual 2 Nutella sandwiches, 1 container of sports drink & 1 with 2 cans of de-fizzed 'Red Bull' & a pocket full of 'snakes'! Sandwich #1 at 25km; from then on it was dangle the carrot before the donkey trick... I promised myself rewards at various stages of the return & delivered on the dot! At 35km (just before the climb back up the Pass) I could eat the 2nd sandwich...& I did! At 40km I could eat as many snakes as would fit in my mouth & wash them down with 'Red Bull'...& I did! At 42km I could eat all the snakes I could find..& I did! At 45km I could finish the last of the 'Red Bull'...I did & then it was a case of 1km at a time; I walked k49-50 because I was feeling too tired to watch the traffic speeding on the downhill bends into town.
50km is a very long way!!! I felt like I'd been going for a week!

I hope to do another 50km & 1 or 2 x 40km. Total time today 6hrs 45mins. No wonder I feel really, really tired! So now, it's Good Night from Chickybabe!

Feb. = 349km
Jan. = 348
Total = 697 km

8 comments:

  1. LL you leave me speechless!! You are one exceptional Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No! I am not entirely speechless. I am so proud to know you. You bring tears to my eyes. I am in awe of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Champion effort, LL. You are putting in the huge ones now, and it makes a very inspirational blog.

    Bring on Canberra.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gees LL!!! I cycled 50k on Saturday and it was tough enough for me!!!! I can't even comprehend running that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As your 'virtual daughter', I'm very proud and awestruck also!

    Reading your blog has set me up for the day, and anything is possible.

    Go Chickybabe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an absolutely awesome effort Chickybabe. I am also in awe of you. Having run 51km in a touch over 6 hours with O Runner in a Metrogaine on Sunday, I know the energy and the concentration required to achieve such a feat. To be able to do it at your age defies belief. I will use you as my inspiration to keep running as long as I live. Can't wait to see you chew the course up in Canberra.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LL, me dips me lid to you!

    Great stuff!

    Spud

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky Legs,
    Fantastic run. Looking forward to seeing you at Canberra. I thought my 38k(longest ever) run on Sunday was long. But yours is huge. You're flying!

    ReplyDelete