Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Continuing With Endurance - Medium Long Run

I slept in till.......!!! and didn't get out to run until 11:00 a.m. It was too hot & humid by then; however, to be positive they (whoever they are!) say you should do some running at the times of day you'll be out on the day; that's why I need to experience everything from dawn to dark; and, for that matter, all sorts of weather changes as well! Because, on long runs I'm out of contact range by mobile, I must also learn how to send out distress signals (smoke?) should I ever again be overcome by darkness or the elements!

Today 16km; Avg. HR was 65% of max.; dirt road in the bush ..unfortunately a lot of soil erosion from recent heavy rain, but wonderful bush smells, especially when crossing some old wooden bridges over flooded creeks.

4 comments:

  1. Luckylegs, I'm sorry, this isn't a comment on your blog but I really wanted to thank you for your support on the CR website today and I couldn't find your email address. I wasn't sure whether I would be burnt, dunked or disbarred for my heresy and I was so relieved to read your supportive reply. Thanks again. Regards Yvette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope those legs are better, LL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yvette, if you happen to read here again, be reassured that not only did you have my whole-hearted support, but that you also gave me the courage to say what I believed, but had been, for too long, too concerned with what 'others' might think of me to express my true sentiments.

    Thank you for reminding me that one should never be influenced by wanting the good opinion of others when it is not deserved. LL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see that you are still able to put in a 16km effort after what happened to your legs on Sunday. How are they? Hope they are on the mend. As for yours and Yvette's comments on CR site about Boof and his schoolboy behaviour, good on you both for standing up for your beliefs. You both have my full support.

    ReplyDelete