Sunday, February 13, 2005

A Longer Than Expected Run!

Ages ago I drove down the Tourist Road hopping in & out of the car at each km with my little can of white paint; a dab on one side of the road, run across the road & drop a dab on the other side; all this so that I'd know exactly how far I'd come each Sunday.

This morning the intention was to do 30 -32km & 34 if feeling extra good; something (legs) was telling me I'd missed a dab or two; checked when I got home & I'd done 38km!! No wonder I was like a walking zombie towards the finish! Fortunately I'd taken a handful of jelly beans, sports drink & a de-fizzed can of 'Red Bull'...gives a good kick too!

Total for this week = 70km

6 comments:

  1. Lucky Legs you are a machine. 38k's!! You must have incredible stamina. I know you are doing 50 in Canberra but I am still astounded by the work you do. Super effort LL. Go to the top of the class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great effort today Chickybabe Blogger. 38km shows the sort of shape you're in. Does this mean you have got your knee problems under control? Looks like you have. Hope you had a sleepin this morning as you certainly deserved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know painting stuff with a spray can is called vandalism!

    I have always thought about doing it on my run.

    Nice to see your knee is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way that one gets more sensible wrt diet and the like as one gets older. not. :-)
    Jelly beans and Red Bull - now, I could get used to that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky Legs legend effort. I still get stiff after hitting the 25-26 k mark of my 30k runs. So I don't know how you did 38. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 38K!!!! In training!!!

    I can't wait to see how you demolish that 50K in Canberra. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete