Friday, February 25, 2005

Running & Flying!

I put the 'flying' part on the main message board, so only a brief mention here.

12km with strides was the run. At 3km I stopped to watch a glider circle & land on Mittagong airstrip; called out to the pilot that he looked like a bird landing, and asked me if I'd like to go up! Faster than a speeding bullet I was at the side of his 2-seater motorized glider; we introduced ourselves, put on one of his jackets, earphones & helmet & after doing all that clearance & checking bit like in the movies, we were racing down the tarmac & soaring into the air, eventually getting to 2000ft.

If I'd died there & then, I'd have done so with a big smile on my face, such was the adrenalin rush as we soared over the ranges, flew down low over where I pointed out my house, up again & out over Bowral, Berrima & Mittagong. It was so cool, clear & beautiful beyond anything I could have imagined. Can't wait to go up again when I get the phone call!

"Down to earth" & completed the running session, light as a feather & smiling all the way !

4 comments:

  1. Lucky Legs you are sooooo lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its often the spontaneous things in life that end up to be the most special. Well Done LL !

    Gronk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw a missing letter in a word of my above post & the only way I could find to correct it was to delete it! What I said was :

    "I know Eddie! Little did I think when I started (left the 'r' out originally) out this morning, I'd be flying as well as running!"

    Chickybabe is still in shock & delirium post gliding experience!

    ReplyDelete