Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Last Run Before Canberra!

That's it! Finished! Used the gym treadmill today to do 7km @ 7:30min per km & since it looks like it's going to be a hot day on Sunday, I'm going for a very negative split...rightly or wrongly....gradually increasing pace. That, for me, translates into starting with an 8:05 first km & taking it up from there.....if possible!

So, in a way sadly, that's the end of training for this event; have enjoyed the training & looking towards the goal enormously...always do enjoy that part far more than the event itself. The only leg work for Chickybabe between now & Sunday is to hoist a leg over Wombat's 1400 bike on Saturday, & roar off around the course & Canberra!

7 comments:

  1. You've done the work to get to the start line on Sunday Chickybabe. Enjoy the rest and enjoy the race experience on Sunday. You have earnt it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck, LL! I know you'll do fabulously :) Looking forward to reading all about it when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck, LL - I'll be thinking of you all day on Sunday and itching to catch up with the report when you post it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Luck, Chickybabe.

    You have amazed me with the training efforts you have put in, and no matter what happens on Sunday your achievement has been huge.

    I know I will be one of many eagerly awaiting your post-race report.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LL, I'm thinking 2.30pm Saturday for the ride - get back in time to watch and cheer on certain bloggers in the fun runs.

    Don't forget your sunscreen, hat and heaps of water for the 50k on Sunday - looks like it'll be hot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky Legs, the sun is shining and the day is beautiful... So come on down.

    Can't wait to meet you and then cheer for you tomorrow.

    If I don't see you beforehand. Have a great ride and don't fall off!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LL - by now your run will be over and I hope it was a good one. The work you have done is nothing but amazing, there are many '20 somethings' that would be left in your dust, congratulations on the training and I hope a great result is forthcoming!!!

    ReplyDelete