Tuesday, April 26, 2005

'Pace' Run

It has to have a name, so I'll call it a 'pace' run; 10km trying to keep an eye on the monitor which was set to keep as near as possible to a pace of 7:07min/km. or 8.4km/hour.

Now to look at the results : 1st km (walk/jog warmup) 7:24; 7:10; 7:19; 6:48; 7:13; 6:58; 7:01; 7:05; 7:01; 6:27. ...+ 1km (walk) cooldown. HR Avg. = 80%. Since training is 3 days only at the moment, I'm trying to keep the pace up a bit & not run too slowly each day. 11:00am start & the day is very warm for running, but beautiful for a stroll!

That'll come when I take the doggies for their walk this evening; we've met a most friendly cow & her calf in one of the paddocks & they both trot over when I call out to them & wait for a rub on their heads! The mother quite startled me at first when she was right up close to my face, opened her mouth wide & let out a monstrous MOOOOOOooooooo! Very nice! I look forward to 'talking' to them each afternoon!

6 comments:

  1. Saw Dr Ken today who says I have a bit of ITB but it should be OK - nothing too nasty.

    He was very nice and I passed on your "hellos" and gave him a run down on your Canberra experience.

    WT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news, WT! What did Ken say to do about it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. He gave me no special instructions but to keep doing "gentle" stretches and ease back into running.

    I have stolen one of our pooch's tennis balls and will give some rolling a go anyway - it can't hurt.

    It was a very expensive way of finding out that I am doing all the right things anyway - but worth every $ as it gave me peace of mind that it will get better with time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi LL, Thanks for the inspiring comments. Was a real boost to see you in on the course in Canberra. (Still remember that blasted heat). All booked and ready to go to Sth Africa now. Dreading the thought of a 65km training run on the 8th May. But we do it!

    Keep posting and we'll keep being inspired. Cheers Brendan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Got to love a friendly Moobag :) They're very cute (and good with chips!) *grins*

    ReplyDelete