Saturday, May 14, 2005

Top Workout #4

Otherwise known as the long run.

Impossible to have a better morning for a long run : gloriously cool, completely overcast & slightly damp from what must have been a few drops of rain during the night.

I took to the hills again : on Range Road out to Glenquarry & return; total = 22km. Not concerned with time but concentrated on keeping HR down to around 70% of max. This meant that it took longer than the 2hrs30mins planned & was, instead, 2hrs50mins. Avg. HR 75%. Instead of carrying water, there are 2 water tanks along the way : one at 5km, the other at 11km & same on return; 1 gel at the 11km water tank. Sometimes I wonder what might be floating around inside those tanks, but if there are any uglies, I must have a very strong immune system by now! The water is always icy cold &, seemingly, crystal clear. I very much enjoyed this run; no walk breaks except to drink at the water tanks (oh! & one quick dash into the bush!)

Must remember, Chickybabe, to go to Sydney on Wednesday to pick up race# for the SMH half; I feel a lot better about this race than I did same time last year : I feel much fitter & stronger I think! Maybe, this happens as the years roll on????? Well, the day will tell!

Tomorrow, Sunday I have to be up really, really early, (!) around 6:00am to leave for Canberra by 7:00am so as to be there for the start & cheer on the half marathon runners. Very much looking forward to meeting Canberra Crs. & then I must get back before dark, otherwise I might take a wrong turn & get lost!...and Chickybabe gone forever!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great morning for a run LL. Drive safely down to Canberra and have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must run through some beautiful country LL. Stopping for drinks at water tanks reminds me of the country roads around Bundaberg that we used to explore as kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a safe trip home Chickybabe. It was really really great to see you at the first ever Canberra CR Drinks! I could have stayed there all afternoon chatting and looking at that beautiful view! Next time.

    Good luck in the Sydney Half. I'm sure you'll do really really well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto to what Ewan siad. Thanks for being there. :)

    ReplyDelete