Thursday, June 02, 2005

Throw in Some Marathon "Pace"

What a day! What another glorious day! Out fairly early, 11:00am!! Well, I have to proactise in the warmer part of the day! The run was 12km, starting slow (as if I could do anything else!) and gradually increasing the pace to marathon 'pace' or faster if possible for the 8th, 9th & 10th km. then 2km cool down. Well, I was rather pleased with myself this morning....careful Chickybabe, pride comes before a fall. However, the results of those 3kms I thought were not too bad for someone who can't run out of sight on a dark night!

Results : 8th km in 7:04mins @ 75-80% of max; 9th km in 6:41 @ 80-83%; 10th km in 5:55mins @ 85-90%.

I'll just sit here a minute & look at those numbers..........that's one of the many reasons I love my blog : I can sit here & gloat & slap myself on the back & tell myself what a smart Chickybabe I am, & no one need know anything about it.

3 comments:

  1. Go the gloat! I think it's a very underrated pastime.
    I'm so looking forward to meeting and cheering you at GC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good training session. 11:00 am is a sensible hour isn't it>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gloat away LL !! Sounds like a great session - and a great time of day to do it !! Did you do the spin class last night ? I must get myself one of those gel-padded seat covers (ouch !)

    ReplyDelete