Wednesday, July 27, 2005

3km Time Trial

....but Wombat never told me my very life was on trial here today! God Almighty (not you 'W'!), I felt this an awfully hard session...my life was in danger of ending with one, huge gasp of what I thought was my last breath!

Instructions for today & subsequent Wednesdays assuming I survive this one, were : (1) find a suitable venue...got that bit right ; (2) jog for about 15-20 minutes.... no trouble with that; (3) 4 "strides" over about 80-100m (had to make a typo correction there from 'kms' back to metres! Maybe that's where I went wrong? Did strides over 80-100km!!!); (4) stop, stretch & rest for 10 minutes ....you bet I did! (5) Run 3km hard but evenly as if in a race & don't sprint at the end; just 'evenly hard' the whole way...might just as well have asked Jesse, the elephant, to do that! (6) Take note of time, walk for 10 minutes & than jog home (if you can!)...well, I couldn't, but I did have the car at the finish!

That's who I must have looked like & certainly felt like... as though Jessie might have had a twin who breathed like 'Puff, the Magic Dragon'; running 3km hard wasn't a labour of love at all, but a gruelling, labour-intensive exercise for this Chickybabe who one day hopes to be not so slow!

Anyhow I did it, even if in an elephantine sort of way, 1.5km out & 1.5km back ( return into a headwind). Eternally grateful "W' that you made this a once a week only session!

TIME : 18:27 Mins & Secs. (NOT hrs. & mins.!)
HR Max. : 90%; Avg. 83%

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was tough LL but you did it! We're all going to much faster with all this work we're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speedwork will make you faster. and from what I've seen, it takes far more than a 3K time trial to stop the Chickybabe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done speed Queen. Wombat will make you faster yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LL, it might have been tough today, but wait till you see the improvement!

    sfG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, that's a pretty nifty time there chickybabe - you should be majorly proud of getting through that so well.

    Incidentally, what's your PB for a 3km? The time you posted would be up there wouldn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. good run LL...those headwinds make you work for it too...

    hope you pull up OK today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great effort chickybabe. Ewen is a though coach.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to see that you survived the session Chickybabe. Good luck with the rest of Wombat's program.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You gotta 'love' those speed sessions....they do get easier after a month or so!

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete