Friday, August 26, 2005

A "Fairly Solid Pace" Kind of Run.

The session was 60 minutes duration, including 5 minutes warm-up, 50 minutes "fairly solid pace" & 5 minutes warm-down. I didn't find it an 'easy' run, but then 'fairly solid' is not synonymous with 'easy', I guess.

Total distance for 60 minutes was 8.5km (not far, is it?); fairly warm at 11:00 a.m. when I started & got even warmer as the pace became more solid! Polar monitor gives me average HR of 80-85% & 7:03min/km....oh dear, my 1st marathon, 5 years ago, was run slightly faster than that pace!

I'll call it a "pilot study" for Blackmore's half marathon, which I hope won't be any longer than SMH half (2:27).

2 comments:

  1. Dame LL I wonder if you'd like some company for the half? It's my first and I will be happy to finish it with a smile. I know I will if I run with you as you get all the cheering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear Owl! See your blog for the answer!

    ReplyDelete