Sunday, August 28, 2005

Long Run


This morning's run was to be 1hour 55 minutes (or a bit longer.....if I felt like it); it became just a little bit longer at 2 hours 2 minutes, & as Ewen says : "easy all the way" or "just talking to the cows".........

It was the perfect morning : clear skies, warm sun & a pleasant breeze; couldn't get a better day to be alive & doing a long run. I was thinking as I jogged along : how I wish the rest of the world was like this...seeing what I'm seeing, doing what I'm doing & feeling on top of the world! Sad that it's not so.

Distance = 16km total; Time = 2:02 (1:02 out & 1:00 back!) . Phew...just made it! Left at 9:00am & home for breakfast at 11:00a.m. Took a gel but didn't need it; 2 watering stations (tanks!) on the way out and back. Did a few stretches at Glenquarry before commencing the climb back up that huge hill ...HR monitor said 90% of max. here!

And now for the week ahead:

AUG/SEPT.
29 - 35 minutes 'easy'.
30 - 25 minutes 'easy'
31 - TIME TRIAL - 3km HARD! ("Go for a PB & try for a tailwind," he says!) Gulp! Grrrr!
1 - Rest Day...(about time!) First day of Spring...yippee!
2 - 55 minutes 'steady'....whatever that is!
3 - Rest Day or 20 minutes 'easy' (Well, I know which one that'll be!!)
4 - Long Run - 110 minutes finishing strongly! (Lucky if I finish at all!!)

3 comments:

  1. That's a good run leading into the Sydney Half Chickybabe. Look forward to seeing you there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so beautiful! It certainly beats all the yucky main roads and trucks around my place! It will be nice to catch up after the half!
    enjoy your week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, look who's doing negative splits! Good one chicky - Sydney is looking better and better all the time

    ReplyDelete