Wednesday, September 28, 2005

3km Time Trial


.......that's what I felt like & probably closely resembled! Sluggish right from the start of the warm up etc. Some days it's like that I think...just difficult to get going.

I'd measured a 1.5 km out & back section of the road near the Mittagong airstrip, the flattest I could find, but even then some slight ups & downs, potholes & a few cars to dodge. Overcast, windy, but not a gale; 11:00am start, not realizing there had been a tailwind until the turn around when it became a headwind!

Today's time was 18:12 - 1.5km out in 9:56 (should have been nearer 9:00); 1.5km back in : 8:15. Not a PB but faster than 18:22 on 10th August.

I did the best I could, but didn't feel good, all of it was hard work...if that makes sense! Next week, I start some training on a real track... ...now, that will be interesting & should help Chickybabe to run out of sight, even if only on a dark night!

Report Card to follow!

2 comments:

  1. I suspect with tough sessions like this chickybabe, you will soon be running out of sight in the bright light of day!! I simply LOVE your new banner (not to mention your snazzy shoes!).

    J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not surprised that it was hard work Chickybabe. That's another great run. Some days are just harder than others.

    ReplyDelete