Monday, September 12, 2005

Blackmore's Half Marathon, 2005




Omni, LL & Owl....& Chickybabe with wings spread, swallow-diving.............>

Oh, I did enjoy this run; I loved it! Ran with Owl all the way & Omni for most of the way. We called out to all the CRs we knew & all the ones we didn't know!

What made this special was having others with & around me all the way out & back. We might not have passed too any on the way out, but for the last 5km or so, we simply flew along passing young & old (!) until Observatory Hill where I, not Owl, almost came to a standstill; almost but not quite! That was a horror of a hill! In fact the entire course is a hard one that I'd forgotten about.

Then for the last few kms, Chickybabe simply took wing & flew down Macquarie street alarmed at her own speed!! I'm certain that the Time Trials I've been doing for a mere 4-5 weeks have been of great significance in helping me to finish faster & more easily over a longer distance than ever before. Even the poor darling Wombat, who had been waiting for me at 1.5km from the finish, had the most awful trouble trying to keep up with me!!!! Will this student outrun her teacher?

After a great race, we enjoyed a leisurely stroll over the Harbour Bridge reached by an agonizing climb up dozens of steps...Ewen carrying the bags, me doubled-up, moaning & groaning with quad pain! We followed this with a pleasant lunch with Robert & Flash Duck & then headed back to Mittagong for a cup of tea, a Bex & bit of birthday cake.... starting from the heel, we've finally reached the licorice shoe laces!!

Another great run! But nearly forgot the splits! Missed the 5km sign so no split for that section!Other splits were - @ 10km 1:14:24; @ 15km 36:54; 20km 36:32; @ 21.1km 4:52.

Official Time - 2:31:31

17 comments:

  1. It looked like you had fun out there LL. Well done. You continue to be an inspiration to us all. Gronk :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it's about having fun.
    And sharing the fun with others is better. :-)

    My picnic at half way in the Vets Handicap run over 7km, at Urambi Hills, was a long time in the planning, but well worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done LL...Plu took some great photos...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're so glad that you had another great run Chickybabe. Those photos of you with your Cool Running children are priceless. You look as though you are having the time of your life. What's the next big challenge? Dare we ask if you're thinking about setting the record straight at Canberra in 06?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure, you can ask that, Horrie! And the answer is : I'm dead-set certain to set the record straight in Canberra, 2006!!!

    To you, but Belinda especially, a huge hug on a superb achievement yesterday...so proud I am of you two children!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great race report LL! Enjoy your rest - I'm trying to talk Mrs Wm into needing to go to Canberra next year - hope I get to see you then!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations LL on a great fun and on achieving your goal for the day of "having fun". It certainly looks like it from the photos. You are an inspiration. Enjoy your rest and your run next Sunday with the CR chickybabes!
    J.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great run, always great with other people! Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LL, there's no doubt that it's *always* better to run with other people. I'll bet that if, before any race, you said "who wants to run with me", you'd be inundated with offers.

    Try it next time. You'll see :-)

    sfG

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent to hear you had such a great time, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey LL....
    It was great to meet you briefly before the race and thankyou for putting my shirt in your bag :) I unfortunately did not catch up with you after the event but as I said before the run it was a free shirt so no worries If I missed you :)
    You are a real inspiration to us all! Enjoy the rest days you have earnt them!! I gave you guys a yell as we passed on the western distributor... you guys were having a blast :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh chickbabe, you are a star!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You were good CB. I'll bring some plates and a carton of milk next time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great to hear you had another enjoyable run. You certainly look like you are having a ball in those photos.

    So the pre-race diet we should be adopting is licorice boot and for post race recovery a Bex and a lie down. I didn't know you could still buy Bex.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was aware of "the cuppa tea, a Bex and a good lie down " phrase but didn't know it was also a song. Did the phrase come first or the song?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Robert, the phrase "A Cup of Tea, a Bex & a Good Lie Down" was the title of the show & then became the title of the song. The lyrics came first & then Jim put them to music!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LL, sorry I missed the show this time. Glad you had a good much faster run after supercoach training of recent times. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete