Sunday, September 18, 2005

"Canberra Times" 10km Run




............I think I'll soon be able to run out of sight...but only on a dark night! Nevertheless, I practically flew today!! Finished in 65 minutes (neg. split 3 mins.).........fastest 10km in the last 12 months.....2 of which were 75 minutes (Fitzroy Falls) & 67 minutes (Fisher's Ghost) both in 2004. Ewen thinks I'll be drug tested soon....isn't he sweet?! And what a coach!

Left Mittagong at 6:00a.m. & in Canberra just before 8:00a.m. for what was to be perfect running weather; plenty of time to queue for loos as usual & warm up for the 9.45a.m. start with over 2000(?) 10km runners & 1500(?) 5km walkers who started at our 5km mark. At my slower pace I got caught up with the walkers but managed to wriggle my way around & through them & zoomed along the cycle track without getting lost!!

The course was good...a few long inclines & some very welcome declines. A short, steep slope was something of a surprise at the very end of the run! It was great to meet up with more Cool Runners & relax for a while on the shores of the Lake before driving back to Mittagong.

A day well worth the effort!

Obviously, I'm hopeless wth names!

L. to R. : CRs Griffin, LL, Speedy Geoff, AKI, CJ, Flash Duck, Strewth, Ewen/Wombatface.

(Hope I've got it right!)

12 comments:

  1. Well done LL! Sounds like Wombat's program is starting to show some benefits. Any chance you could put some names to those CR's in the photo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew someone would ask that, Wobbly! Added some of the names to the blog.. Did the best I could, but horrible at remembering names!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ? at back is the one and only speedy geoff, ? at front is CJ and the other ? is strewth.

    ~Great run today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats LL - not just 65 mins but a negative split! Yes, I think you've got yourself one great coach there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo!!! Well done LL; what a great run. Your new training program is really paying off!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great run LL... that training is certainly paying off.. we won't be able to see you on a dark night or a clear day at this rate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to see that the Wombat's training plan is starting to produce results for you Chickybabe. But remember, it is you executing the training plan with great gusto. I have to agree with Wombat about the drug testing though. I hear ASDA are already asking questions. Well done again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. excellent run LL...you must be pleased after having such a fun half the week before...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic effort - 2 great runs in 2 weeks !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great run LL and it was good to say hello briefly before the run.

    And even though it might seem I know everyone, saying their name when I see someone I have known for a long time, sometimes escapes me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great run Lucky Legs.

    You should be taking all the plaudits for your run and not the coach.

    The coach takes the blame when you have a bad run.

    Just kidding. You and Ewen obviously are a good pair.

    Thanks for your comment on my recovery. I am certainly pleased to have got over it so quickly and been able to get back in to full training again.

    ReplyDelete