Saturday, October 29, 2005

3km Time Trial


As usual, I wasn't looking forward to this session! It was hard even though I held back from starting too fast which I normally do & then die with the finish in sight!! I felt like I was keeping an even & not too fast pace until the last km & then I was able to put on a bit of a 'spurt' . I wanted to get under 18 minutes & I did....just!!

The usual 20 minute warm up, stretches etc..

Total Time = 17 minutes 56 seconds!!!! 26 seconds faster than the last 3km TT!!

Each km lap = 6:04; 6:03; 5:47



I download all data from the monitor to Polar Software, but now I have to learn how to read the dozens of charts, graphs etc. The information about each training session is amazing...I just don't understand all the lines, curves, colours, etc.....yet!! But they're pretty pictures!


I think I should get a Report Card for today's effort, so I'm going to ask for one. I already know that points will be deducted for not following instructions accurately....I only did a 5 minute cool down! I'll copy the report here later today.

It's now "later today" & I have the Report Card from Ewen! I knew I'd be penalised for not completing the full warm-down....and I was!!


Yes, I marked you down for your wimpy warm-down.

1) Following instructions 8/10 (due to a drop of rain)
2) Performance 9/10
3) Form 9/10
4) Learning 9/10 (good pacing)


(There were at least 2 drops of rain that prevented me completing the full warm-down!! But thanks a million, Ewen, for everything else!)


6 comments:

  1. Great effort LL!!!
    Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow chickybabe - you are flying now!

    Congratulations on another huge PB. All your hard work is certainly paying off!

    J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good effort in running under your target.

    Wombatface should be proud of your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really great LL. It's great to see you improving.. you'll going to be flying by the time Canberra comes along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an awesome effort Chickybabe! Sub 18 minutes. WOW!

    Ewen's program is certainly working wonders for you.

    4 weeks to go until 6 Foot Track.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, 26 seconds faster than your last TT - woohoo! And what a time for that last km, you really came home strongly.

    Great stuff LL.

    ReplyDelete