Sunday, October 30, 2005

The 'Long' Run

There's nothing quite as delicious as a hot shower after a run in rain, mist & fog! Something quite sensual being soothed & comforted by the hot water; just standing there & occasionally stretching out above the steam!

Not a really long run - (leaving at 8:30 a.m., 16km+ 4 hills; 2.5 hours), light rain & lovely mist on the way out, but heavy rain & fog on the return leg. Visibility no more than 100m at the highest point, so on went the fluro-yellow jacket - until then I'd been revelling in the rain on my face & body - but this way there was less chance of being run over, as had happened to hundreds of little frogs......I suppose they're frogs, hard to tell when their little bodies are squashed all over the road....poor things!

After turning at Glenquarry, I did 4 times the really, really steep hill - brisk walking 4 times up and jogging 3 times down as practice for Six Foot Track - TSV, which is now 1 day less than 4 weeks away. I'll be dragging poor old Ewen along!!

After the delicious shower, breakfast - a bowl of hot "Uncle Toby's........equally delicious!

Obviously, I'm not good with all this computer 'stuff, but this is the "curve" (1 term I've mastered!) of this morning's run. It's very pretty, but I haven't a clue what it means!!

8 comments:

  1. Not too cold, but sounds like a tough run - looking at the graph (the altitude curve is shaded (brown) showing the profile of the hills) it proves that it was a very tough run for a solo chickybabe!

    There's no way that you are dragging poor old anyone along! We will all stick together!

    How many sleeps now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I love the elevation graph of the run - now how did you manage to produce that one? Haven't seen one like it before!

    and by the way, you get a 8.5 out of 10 for the shower. Might have been more but you didn't tell us how long it was ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miners, it's Sunday's long run downloaded from the Polar S625x to the computer - clever little chick, aren't I!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clearly you have mastered the software already. I could even picture those poor frogs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LLs,

    Is the blue line at the bottom your pace or Heart Rate curve?

    The altitude curve is impressive but I prefer not to have a colour drop on any of my curves. I think it makes it a little clearer without it. I also recommend playing with the Axis values. I have my HR Axis on Max 180 Min 80 and Speed at Max 20 and Min 5. All these settings can be adjusted from the Curve Properties Window which you can get to by right clicking on the graph. Just play around with the setting until you get some you like.

    Then you can start stacking graphs from different days of the same course on top of each other to see how you are improving!

    Hours of fun ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've e-mailed you RS, so as to answer your question & ask a few of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Graph looks impressive.

    Gone are the days, when we ran in our Dunlop Kt 26's.

    Hold that remark, in view of other threads on The Cool Running Website.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete