Sunday, October 09, 2005

Long Run/Jog/Walk/Stagger!




...in the worst of all possible gales! Jog/walk.....Go forwards! Go backwards! Go up! Go Down! Repeat over & over for 20km & 2 hours 45 minutes!

I left around 9:00a.m., as usual for a long run, without breakfast , & into the wildest wind I've ever experienced in these parts. A 'tailgale' on one turn would send my flying around a bend, only to have it immediately slam me in the face as a 'headgale', practically back to where I'd just come from! It was fear that made me step it out on the return - fear that an almighty big tree would come crashing down on top of me - or a cow or a house - or all three!

Achieve anything - a backache & a splitting headache!

3 comments:

  1. You did well Chickybabe to battle through 20km in that weather. You are one tough woman. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LL, I drove through your neck of the woods on Saturday. I nearly got blown into a tree whilst at Suttons Forest. That wind would blow a dog of a chain ! Well done for putting up with it for 2:45 !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! Yep, we're tough Chickybabes in this neck of the woods!!

    ReplyDelete