Sunday, November 06, 2005

Long Run - 26km



24km on the program became 26km, walking for 1 minute after each km, this took me 3hours 25 minutes!! Left early (for me) 8:00a.m., a banana & coffee first; cool, overcast & mist still hovering over the tops of the trees. Totally quiet & alone this morning - just me & the cows!.

At 12km I decided I'd go 1km further, mainly to see if last year's blob of white paint was still on the road at 13kms....it was! Then the long haul back up the Pass - I always take a GU with me but haven't used one in months, but this morning at 18km I decided I need a kick before tackling any more steep hills. I'm sure it made a difference - I almost sped along the last 3km & had to put on the brakes as I came towards the car! The graph shows altitude, HR & Pace Curves on out & back course... (I'll have to get calibration right for the foot pod...distance shows 23.9km & should read 26km.)

Home at 11:30a.m. for a hot shower, then breakfast of the usual Uncle Toby's & muffin with honey. And now for the week ahead....

This Week's Programme : Strewth! It's a big week!!

Monday - Rest Day
Tuesday - 6km easy with 4x100m strides at the end.
WEDNESDAY - Intervals (Chev. Track) - 6x445m (Lane 7)

20 minutes warm-up -

2 Sets - (1) 3x445m with 2:30 rest between each.
Try for - 2:40; 2:35; 2:30.

10 minutes full rest.

(2) 3x445m with 2:30 rest between each.
Try for - 2:25; 2:20; 2:15.

20 minutes cool-down.

Thursday - Rest Day.
Friday - 5-6km easy.
Saturday - Rest Day.
SUNDAY - FISHER'S GHOST 10KM ......... Last race for 2005.
.......Chickybabe trying for a 2005, 10km PB!
.......will have to improve on 65:45 "Canberra Times", 10km.
............................................68:23 (7 min. course PB) Fitzroy Falls, 10km.
............................................67:21 Fisher's Ghost 2004.





7 comments:

  1. It IS a big week LL, but you definitely have it in you! I can't wait to hear what your PB is on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeeya a big day and a big week - that PB is looking good LL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice up and down run. Still seems to be some unusual spikes in the HR curve. Do you go near any overhead power lines?

    I will send you some info on calibration. It is a little trickier than they make out in the manual.

    All the best with the PB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, it's all very well to have a huge run and to print lovely little graphs and pictures of cows ...

    But if you're going to leave the description of your shower to "hot shower" and not be any more descriptive, then I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to mark you any more than 5/10

    (love from the CR shower king)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm impressed with your schedule maybe I should take note.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on the long run. boy 3.5hrs thats a lot of time on your feet.

    Best of luck with the rest of the weeks schedule. phew. what are you aiming for a 100miler??? *grins*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. You are an amazing chickybabe!

    I love the graph. It's about time I got my Polar out of its box I think :-)

    J

    ReplyDelete