Wednesday, January 04, 2006

5 Days' Break From Running.



From yesterday (Tuesday) until Sunday, I will rest from running; Sunday, maybe 12km. Instead of running, I'll do some stationary cycle, light weights & gardening which I spent all day today clearing & tidying up!

I'll have time to read all the blogs!

Starting Monday, 9th January : all training geared towards Canberra 50km, 9th April.

A comment on comments about the Fat Ass Run : For me, yes, it was much harder than 6Foot Track TSV!! There was a lot of fairly tricky/dangerous rock hopping that made for very little progress in some sections; hands as well as feet absolutely necessary in order to negotiate your way through the large boulders - all of which meant climbing down them & then up on the return leg! I did some of this actually sitting down from rock to rock!! There were sections where the only way up was to place each foot in some sort of steel hook in the rock face & haul yourself up to the next level! And lots of sneaky steps.....a really tough course this one!

All of that, plus the difficulty of finding the right track through the bush, makes my mind up about which run I'd prefer if I had to make a choice - 6Ft Track any day!! I think they're two very, very hard runs, but each in a different way! I'd still like to do them both again...some day!!

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy your 5 days, you thoroughly deserve it. I mean no offense when I say this but I am 2 score 10 years your junior and you have more passion and dedication about running than I can ever hope for. The amount of great events you have completed is awesome, I wish you all the best for 2006.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your break Norma, I look forward to reading your accounts of your wants & desires onwards towards Canberra.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you had a lovely xmas and new year! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your break from running.

    Also I hope you achieve all that you set out to do in 2006! Look forward to seeing you in Canberra.

    ReplyDelete