Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Mid-week Medium Run


To do 18km today (monitor says 19.4km) - Late start around mid-day & still hadn't had breakfast for whatever reason, so I set off without any! Ran along the dirt road (Diamond Fields Road above) for shade & to use the 3 taps for water instead of carrying any. The aim was to do some kms at 50km goal pace, i.e. not real fast at ....7:48min/km! For most of the time - except for steep inclines on the way back - I was able to keep a little faster pace than this, which was good. 2.5 hours all up. A bit tired on the return - some fuel needed but good training for endurance in the hotter part of the day....I hope Ewen has similar thoughts!

Had a lie down after.......for about an hour.

7 comments:

  1. I get so envious reading your blog LL - the place you run. I might have to consider moving to the Southern Highlands!

    Nice prep run for Canberra ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2P I am with you!! That road looks like heaven on the legs and very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just seeing that pic makes me want to go for a run.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suspect that you are right about running in the heat helping to build endurance. I hope it's true. It probably just helps you to run in the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your next post must be haunted now, it won't let me leave a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah LL, you keep teasing us with those lovely pics. They make the thought of running in the city so boring. Watch out, there could be a mass migration to the Southern Highlands!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good run in gorgeous surroundings LL..and I can totally relate to the nap afterwards!

    ReplyDelete