Sunday, March 19, 2006

Almost the Last Long Run...1 to go.



Gosh, I appreciated those comments of encouragement on my last post when I got back this afternoon from my long run of 28km! Brought a tear or two to my weary eyes as I read them especially when I've been so slack to return them lately. I quite choked up today...why today? I think because I was so tired after such a short run, thinking : "I'll never make it to 50km at this rate!" & then saw words of encouragement to keep going.. ..& my thinking immediately lifted to : "Yes, I will!" So....there you go! We never know just how powerful a few words of timely cheer can be! Enough emotion for one day...on with business!


Stupidly, I didn't start till 9:00 a.m. & the morning was already hot; 4 times on the same 7km flattish stretch of road with no shade......out & back...run/walk : 20mins/4mins....3hours 44mins....both CG marathons didn't take much longer! Had water, sports drink, gel & energy bar in the car parked somewhere near the middle of 7km "sunset strip"...nearly forgot...& Panadol!

Home, showered & watched the tape of the marathons; I thought I must have fallen asleep because I saw the men start & then in the next shot they'd been running for over 30 minutes! Not enough energy to stamp & cheer for Kerryn McCann...I just shed another 2 or 3 or more tears willing her to win! Then I saw Kate Smyth finish...and I thought, "Now you know what toughing it out really is!" So....too much emotion for one day...I'm all "spent"!

10 comments:

  1. Hope the next long run goes well.

    :-)

    And then the Ultra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice come back LL - you are amazing ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now don't start letting those negative thoughts creep in Chickybabe. As I said, you just have to get to the start line and I will help you take care of the rest. If I can get you Beyond the Black Stump, I'm sure I can get you to the finish line in Canberra. 3 weeks to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, could you really ask for a much better Sunday - a long run followed by watching our girls and guys in the Comm Games Marathon.

    You might be "spent" but what a way to go!

    See ya in less than 3 weeks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That emotion comes from that big heart of yours. It's that big heart that has touched us all and which is going to carry you to a grand finish in cnabera.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah...what Eddie said :)

    Not long to go now. Keep up those exercises and stretching. Don't want you getting injured again now...

    Kerryn did an amazing run. I am so proud to be Aussie and yes, I cried too when she crossed the line. I am glad it finished when it did, I don't think my nerves could have coped with another 1km of cat and mouse!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You'll be able to do it. You're such a tough chicky babe and we'll all going to be there to give whatever support you need. And you've got Horrie to steer you round the course. It's going to be the time of your life.. so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes... too much emotion for one day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Even I felt emotional after Kerryns win.

    ReplyDelete