Friday, May 12, 2006

Day 1...of 12 days. (2nd Series)


Back to Day 1...10 minutes slow jog warm-up.
Stretches.
45 minutes @ 85% of MHR.
Short brisk walk warm-down.
Stretches.

I used the gym treadmill agan for this session, randomly using inclines from 0-5% and ran at 9kph which kept HR at 85%, sometimes a bit higher.

Time = 46:18; Distance = 7km

This was a hard session & I finished drenched with sweat!

I like running on a treadmill, contrary to a lot of other runners, & for this sort of session, once I've set the pace, the treadmill forces me to stay with it.....or else! On the road, however, I know this chickybabe would slacken off a bit when it felt hard to keep going!!

7 comments:

  1. Looks like you were toasty warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I trust you won't tread in any cow-pats (stuff-up) on Day 3 this time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I stuffed up. I meant Day 2!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Ha! Ha! It's great when the coach makes a "stuff up"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You! Slacken off! LL. I don't think so. If I were on treadmill I would fall asleep and get thrown off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah LL, I'm one of those runners who doesn't like treadmills. I prefer something where I can see and hear those cows. (Then again if we could just tie one up to the treadmill, or put a treadmill in a dairy....)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guilty as charged! I never really trust myself to have done a certain distance unless the tready confims it!!

    ReplyDelete