Monday, July 31, 2006

Day 2 - "Whatever Day"


Another of those days when I choose whatever I do. Today is cold & very windy in Mittagong - just as I was starting to get used to Sydney's warmer days!

I decided on going to the gym for : 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer + 15 minutes form drills.

I was able to use the big room where classes are held for drills & at the same time watch for 'goof' form in the floor to ceiling mirror. Anyhow, I quite enjoyed the time & it is a help to be able to see for yourself how 'goofy' you can look when doing these drills!

Big, big thank you for thoughts about my brother - last stages with prostate cancer; day by day now. It was very sad staying alone in his house at Concord where over many years we'd had so many happy family get-togethers, BBQs.etc...... especially after each City to Surf run of which he'd done 20+. This year's run will be for him...... from me.

3 comments:

  1. So very sorry about your brother LL. My thoughts are with you as you share lots of very special moments with him and remember lots of happy times. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This years C2S will obviously be a very special one for you - not to mention emotional.

    How on earth do you manage 30mins on an eliptical trainer??? I'm cursing the thing after 5mins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strewth - thank you!

    Clairie - I always enjoy the elliptical trainer as long as I'm listening to music on the CD player! Same movements as running but without the pounding on the legs.

    ReplyDelete