Sunday, July 09, 2006

Day 3 - A Hard Day.

At 3:00pm it was too cold & windy for the outdoors; used the gym treadmill for this session.

Program: 10 minutes jog warm-up. Stretches.
5km at a 'Hard' pace - 85-95% of MHR
Short brisk walk for warm-down.

RESULTS : 1 km warm-up. Stretches.
5km splits = 7:11; 6:43; 6:12; 6:03; 5:28
Avg. HR = 85%; Max. HR = 95%+ a bit!

Time = 31:38

.... didn't do the warm-down or the stretches!

......had a hot shower & drove home. Ewen is probably still too jet-lagged to read blogs, so I might escape detention for such negligence!

5 comments:

  1. Can you forge a note? That's what my kids do!

    Oops - sorry forgot you were a teacher in a previous life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I doubt you'll get away with it, but we can hope the punishment will not be too severe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wide awake at 3am - should have watched Roger win the tennis.

    Write 100 lines: 'I should always to a warm-down and stretches after training or else I will start to feel like a creaky old person not the young person that I am'.

    Of course you will use a quil pen and ink - not a bloody computer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee he's a hard task master. Can't trust anyone these days, even a jet lagged ET.

    ReplyDelete