Friday, July 21, 2006

Day 6 - A Medium Long Run

What I was told to do today was : 50 - 65 minutes at an 'easy' pace - talk to the cows!

Well, tonight I'm in the most dreadful trouble! I was slow alright but jogged easily for 1 hour 25 minutes (to even up a full km); wrote up my report & e-mailed it to Ewen & stupidly put the total time down as 2 hours 25 minutes!! Try to imgine the e-mail I got back! I knew I'd be in strife for going over 65 minutes, but thought it worth the risk (at the time!) so as to get back quicker than I'd gone out... a negative split of more than 5 minutes. I'll never go overtime again! Try to imagine the blast that thundered over the ranges from Canberra to Mittagong when I made the mistake of reporting that I'd run for something over 2 hours!!

Now I can't stop laughing about it!

4 comments:

  1. Tee hee, that is funny :-) I'd love to have seen his initial reaction.

    Nice work on the negative split by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, that's just the old student's trick - if you've been bad, make it sound really bad, and then they'll back off when it turns out that you've only been a little bit bad...

    Methinks some of the schoolyard has rubbed off on you over the years :-)

    Gnome

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch - I can imagine the telling off you received.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd be happy, I think, with the coach thinking I'd done more than I really had. There would have been plenty of times when he hadn't noticed that extra effort. All comes in circles...so great effort LL's.

    ReplyDelete