Sunday, July 16, 2006

First Day for the Rest of 2006!


New programme started today! Very different from the previous one...I will have to apply myself seriously to this new 14 day cycle lest I incur the wrath of the coach!! (Just kidding, Ewen!)

DAY 1 : (Sunday) LONG RUN.
Run for 75 to 95 minutes maximum. Generally easy pace - an average of
75-85% of MHR.

Started out around mid-day along Diamond Fields Road - again - and was very smartly lapped twice by this young motor bike rider!

Yesterday's heavy fog & rain lifted to a cold & mildly sunny day - a good running day.

Ran easily for 1 hour 40 minutes; 12km; negative split 4 minutes.
Avg. HR = 70% of MHR; Max HR = 85-90% of MHR

4 comments:

  1. 4 minute negative split is impressive LL. No wrath from the coach about that surely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was me on the bike checking on you CB. Your form was goof!

    You're a bloody marvel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love that road and could imagine myself running along it during a long run. A great effort for your long run, Norma. That man Ewen's a hard task master!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work on the negative split LL.

    You sound enthusiastic about the new pgm. Its always good to have a plan. I was going to do myself up something tonight for the next two weeks but its more interesting reading blogs :-)

    ReplyDelete