Sunday, July 30, 2006

Home from Sydney.

Friday, Saturday & today I've been in Sydney visiting a very ill relative (my brother) in Concord Hospital.

From Google Earth I had worked out that it was 3km from his house to the hospital, so my running each of the last 3 days has been jogging to & back from the hospital, making a total of 6km each day.

The course I took was all the way along Majors Bay Road, into Norman Street, then Nullawarra Avenue, Concord Road & Hospital Road.....and, even though I wore my CR cap, not even once (that I know of) did I get sighted by any Cool Runners!! I was so sure that over 3 days someone would see me, especially while waving my CR cap & pom-poms at every car, bike & person that passed! It's really very sad & disappointing!

I did get a 'toot' from a car, but on looking back now, I realize they were probably having a good laugh and later, from another car, someone called out ; "Keep going, Luv!"

I had the company of Mr G-armin, but only for two of the 3 days...his battery went flat & he wouldn't do another thing after that...I just wore him out, poor thing!

7 comments:

  1. In the city and no one recognised you!!! If only they knew they were witnessing a great runner!

    :-)


    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes for your brother LLs and hope things are all okay for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never forget all those virtual pom poms waving for you LL.

    Whenever and wherever you run, you have the whole CR community behind you. Scary hey?

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS - sending thoughts and prayers to your brother :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you and your brother positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear your brother isn't well. I wonder what the hospital staff thought of his 'crazy' sister running to and fro to visit him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I bet that there will be lots of recognition at the City to Surf event.

    ReplyDelete