Thursday, August 10, 2006

Day 12 - A Whatever Day.


Amongst the list of "things to do" on 'Whatever Days' is Pilates, so this morning I began the first class of an 8 week course for beginners. The class began at 8:30a.m & I'm never out of bed (in winter anyway!) at that early hour, so time for a coffee & off to the gym.

I realize the lass in green definitely does not look like she's a Pilates expert, but it'll do for a Whatever Day!

I have to say I enjoyed it a lot; about 10 in the class & an excellent instructor who, after demonstrating breathing & simple movements, went round checking individually that each person was doing exactly what she wanted in each exercise. Time = 1 hour.

After that : 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer; then shopping, then home for brunch at mid-day.

Tomorrow, Sydney again; rest Saturday and.......with what's left....run(?) C2S Sunday!

.......................................................................... we did this!

7 comments:

  1. Have a great day on Sunday, LLs. Forecast looks good and maybe we can all have a swim when we get to the other end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with C2S LL. I won't see you at the start as I'm in A1. So hope you have a good run. I reckon sub 90mins with your current pace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good Pilates instructor you've found there. I have done lots of those bridge thingies and they seem to work for strengthening our glutes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. and good luck for C2S. I might see you at the finish if you're still around when I arrive. Best friend's hen night the night before so I might even still be up :0

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on Sunday LL - hopefully will see you there somewhere - maybe in the loo queue!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always really enjoyed my pilates classess, within a few classes you should be able to notice a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you may have missed C2S LL - and especially sorry to hear about your recent news. My thoughts are with you

    ReplyDelete