Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Day 4 - A Hard Day.

Track Intervals at Chev.

Program : 10 minutes warm-up.
Stretches.
3x100m strides.
Form Drills.

6 x 800m @ 90% of MHR. Do 2 Sets of 3.
2 -3 minutes walk recovery.
6 minutes rest between sets.

6 minutes warm-down.

To avoid the school "kiddies", I left it till 12:30 p.m. (lunch time) to go to Chev track in Bowral. Worked well, no one using my track! Max. temp. today 11 degrees.

I did all the pre-workout stuff; drills with very goof form!

But, Golly Moses! This was a hard, hard session & I tried very hard to run with 'goof' form, but it did drop a little in the last repeat...I was struggling to keep moving! Anyhow, the results were a slight improvement on last Day 4 times:

Set 1. 5:07.6; 5:12.1; 5:07.8
Set 2. 5:10.8; 5:09.5; 5:06.6

Walked round Lane 8 for a warm-down.

Ewen said I did this session 'magnificently'! That makes me feel a whole lot better, because I was thinking I wouldn't do it again...too hard! Now I'll try to improve on those times next Day 4. Amazing what a compliment does for a girl!!


4 comments:

  1. My Goodness LL you are working very hard and look at those times! Very good and consistent and the best time is the last. Great Work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very goof session! I will prescribe that for Ewen at the next track day and see how he likes it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice consistent times there LL. And I see your last one was your fastest! No wonder coach Ewen was impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'll try compliments more often - might get somewhere.

    Thanks for reminding me of the time...

    Goof night!

    ReplyDelete