Sunday, September 10, 2006

Day 1 - Long Run.

Elevation Profile.



Program : Run for 80 to 105 minutes maximum. Generally 'easy' pace; avg. of 75-85% of MHR.

...and what a morning it was....rain pelting down, freezing cold & fierce wind!

I ran out along Range Road for 52 minutes; turn around & back to the start.

Distance = 13.29km

Time = 1:42; negative split 3 minutes.
Avg. HR = 77%; Max. HR = 88%;
Avg. Pace = 7:44; Max = 4:47; Best = 6:28

A good run, in spite of the terrible conditions...hands so cold I had difficulty tying a loose shoe lace!

Best part was meeting another Cool Runner for a first sighting of another CR in this area : "Brightshoes". Hope he liked all the seasons that the Highlands turned on, all in 1 day!

4 comments:

  1. The piccies make it look so pretty LL, hard to believe the weather can be so nasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on getting out there and braving the conditions Chickybabe. I hope you didn't go too fast for Brightshoes. It would be terrible if you showed up a visitor for his lack of speed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one LL - you are braver than I am - I waited till I was in nice civilised conditions before I ran ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brightshoes is a really, really fast runner! He has an Australian Record for M50+ 1500m! I let him go!!

    ReplyDelete