Friday, September 22, 2006

Day 13 - An Easy Day



.....a planned easy day that became anything but easy!

Program: 35 - 55 minutes at a comfortable pace.

Thinking I'd kill 2 birds with one stone........I decided to start where Ewen had chosen a stretch of road flat enough for 1500m training & mark 500m & 750m distances, & continue on from there.

So.... armed with my spray can of white paint hidden under one arm, I set off on what I thought was a fairly easy thing to do : let Mr G-armin do the measuring & I'd just walk/jog along with him.

I'm sure this doesn't require a degree in engineering or any of the physical sciences. I walked &jogged along the road, up & down for an hour - on just 750m of the same section of road, never once getting any distances to agree with the previous one! Trouble was that by now I'd left an erratic range of white polka dots on the side of the road! Frustration - and fear of being picked up by the police for loitering & vandalising a public place - forced me to give up & drive home in a not so good mood.

Tomorrow, armed with another colour of paint (was thinking yellow would look attractive beside the white...fitting in with Tulip Time in Bowral) & seek to achieve what for today became the impossible!

No comments:

Post a Comment