Friday, September 01, 2006

Day 6 - Medium Long Run.


Program : 60 -75 minutes (increase of 10 minutes) at an easy pace. "Talk to the cows" pace!

I started at Renwick soccer field so that I could do a few stretches & drills (not on the program) on the grass. I had Mr G-armin all set this time for a "Quick Workout" showing 'Time and Pace', and with 'Virtul Partner' to keep me on pace.

After having run 2.5km I took a look at Mr G-armin's face...it hadn't changed since starting out! Bloody Hell! What is it this time? Well, I'd forgotten to press "Start"!! What a loony!

Totally disgusted with myself , I decided to completely dismiss what I'd run so far & started the 75 minutes from where I was. I'll not be overruled by my stupid mistakes with Mr G-armin no matter the consequences!

From there, we got on famously & only once did my 'Virtual Partner' show that I was lagging behind him..... I soon fixed him!

Having been told by Ewen before that whatever time to run is in the program - neither more nor less - is when I stop. I daren't incur his wrath more than once, so it was a relief when Mr G-armin told me to "Slow Down! Exercise Finished" at exactly 75 minutes, which meant, however, that I then had to walk another 2.5km back to the soccer field, where I finished off the session with stretching & a few minutes sitting in the sun.

A warm day & windy, but I enjoyed the run.....just over 9km on Mr G, but another 5km by mistake! Elevation Profile of the section on Diamond Fields Road... not flat by any means, but a very pleasant, scenic, quiet, dirt road.

No comments:

Post a Comment