Thursday, October 19, 2006

Day 12 - I Want What I Want!

Yesterday, Wednesday, was a 1500m Time Trial. I didn't start until mid-day...waiting for the strong winds to drop. They didn't.... I could barely stay upright......disastrous 'crawl' taking 9:48.

So, on a "Whatever Day" & unbeknown to anyone (i.e. Ewen!), - I simply couldn't let that hang over me until next time - I was back at "the strip" (in East Bowral) again this morning at 7:30a.m. & did the whole program again!

Program: Warm-up Jog 1500m.; stretches; 4x60-80m strides.

This morning's result : 1500m in 9:05
http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/episode/view.mb?episodePk.pkValue=1527838

I could be in trouble for such 'disobedience', but if so, it'll be worth it to have proven to myself that I could do better than yesterday!
....and I got nearer to what I wanted!

3 comments:

  1. You remind me of an athlete I advised a few years back.
    Turned out he did everything I told him.
    Also turned out he did his own training as well, consisting of runs of 30 and 40kms several times a week.
    You can tell a long distance runner, but you cannot tell him much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...oops, I don't mean you remind me, I mean your words remind me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My old headmaster, Mr Potter, had a good cure for that: 6 cuts of the cane ;)

    Speedygeoff, I don't remember any runners you coached being that disobedient!

    ReplyDelete