Thursday, November 02, 2006

Day 4 (of 7) - Spice World

Today I had a taste of the 'spice' in the new program, which I've named "Sugar & Spice"....sugar looks a bit light on it though!

Program with 'mixed spice' added :

CHEV TRACK.....

2km warm-up @ 75% of MHR.

Drills, Rest, 3 x strides.

4 x 400m HARD! 3 minute walking recoveries.

Full recovery, then.......extra 'spice'...

1 x 800m HARD! Rest.

800m walk/jog warm-down.

Prelims all done!

4 x 400m....2:15.0 (went out too hard in first 150-200m & legs seized up before finishing!); 2:20.9 (over compensating);
2:14.2; 2:11.9

I wasn't happy with these times, but a good experience for the future as to how to pace these repeats.

1 x 800m.......4:40 (10 seconds slower than on the AIS track , last Thursday night!)

I wasn't very happy with this either.


I started just after 8:00 a.m. after hearing the weather forecast for today : hot, 28 degrees & smoke filled skies from a bushfire; could hear the choppers overhead as they tried to monitor the blaze started by lightning last week in inaccessible ranges, somewhere between here & Katoomba.

I thought that getting up early, after an early night, might enable me to pull out a wonderful surprise for myself & Ewen! It was a surprise, but not quite what I had in mind!

Tomorrow, 'a spoonful of sugar' - rest!

Saturday, 'heavily spiced' program - 1500m Time Trial!




3 comments:

  1. Just reading about your training program makes me feel exhausted LL.

    You sure work hard. You have earned tomorrow's sugar.

    As always you are an inspiring Chickybabe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bugger, I didn't even realise you were here. :(

    Good on you, concentrate on that mile won't you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big session LL, great stuff, working hard and the results will surely come your way!

    ReplyDelete