Thursday, November 09, 2006

Day 4 - Smart Girls Don't Talk.......







..........but they do ask questions! Mine being : why do 400m repeats get faster while 800m repeats get slower?

Program : 2km warm-up at 75% of MHR.

Some drills. Rest. 3xstrides.

4 x 400m HARD...... with 3 minute walk recoveries.

Full Recovery.

1 x 800m HARD.

800m walk/jog warm-down.

Warm-up 2km, drills, rest, strides -- all done!

4 x 400m = 2:07; 2:08.6; 2:02.0; 2:14.9 then......

Full recovery? I'll check with Ewen if the following day would be too soon!

1 x 800m = 4:58 (miserably slower than 2 previous weeks).
400m splits = 2:34; 2:23

Warm-down...OK

The day was excellent: cool, overcast again, dry ground but rough surface. I wore my favourite old, torn-at-the-heels Nike Free trainers. The 400m repeats were faster this week than any other - that was the good news; the 800m was slower than any other - and that's the bad news!



2 comments:

  1. I think that outside lane line was a bit crooked? Quicker pace over the shorter distance I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SF, you're right! I think whoever marked the lanes had 1 or 2 beers too many!

    AK, you'll love track work! Though they're the toughest, they're still my favourite sessions..... I even get excited about it the night before!

    Yes, I always wear the 'Frees' on the track (grass) & also for all short distances on the roads (dirt ones). I love them.... the feet & ankles get a good workout.

    At least you started track with LA's...I'm just beginning now! What a nut!
    Let me know what you do & how you like it.

    Enjoy....LL

    ReplyDelete