Saturday, November 11, 2006

Day 6 - Holy Smoke!.........





..........I ran under 9 minutes for the first time over my 1500m course!!

Program : Time Trial over 1500m course (road in Bowral) in 9 minutes or faster.

Warm-up : jog 1500m, Rest, 3 x Strides.

Warm-down : jog or brisk walk.

Time = 0 : 8 : 45
Pace = 5.51
Avg. 88% of MHR
500m Splits = 2:51; 2:58; 2:54

Started at 10:15 a.m. & already 28 degrees & a westerly blowing.....this did not look good!

Mr G-armin was programmed to have Virtual Partner running at a 6mpk; that way, if I could keep ahead of him, I'd make it in 9 minutes....and that would be a first!

At the start I looked VP straight in the eye & said out loud: "This time I'm going to stay ahead of you, you so-and-so!" And I did, making sure I was at least 20 metres ahead most of the time. How good is it not to see that lower half of the screen turn black!

0:8:45....and I didn't find it nearly as hard as I have on other days over the same course & that was an even bigger surprise than the time. The quads started to 'shout' a bit with about 15 metres to go, but I turned a deaf ear to them & pushed to the finish!

What a satisfied & smug smile I gave Virtual Partner then!

7 comments:

  1. Wooohooo well done LL - nice consistent splits too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy smoke alright, you are on fire! That's faaaantastic LL. And under those conditions too.

    Huge congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love beating my virtual partner.

    Excellent effort, congratulations on sub 9 mins.

    The sky's the limit now.

    wt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great break through. Isn't it great when you smash those mental barriers. All the training is paying off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big Hug LL. A mighty fine effort. Turning a deaf ear to screaming quads really takes some doing. It really gives one a sense of power to overcome that desire to STOP.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A big congrats LL, way under 9... I look forward to reading abut your new track PB in Canberra!

    ReplyDelete