Saturday, November 25, 2006

Day 6 - The War Between Men & Women..Part 2...











....as usual, we set out as friends...or could it be heading towards something more than friendship?

I don't think so!

Program : Warm-up jog 1.5km
Drills, Short Rest, 3 x Strides.

New! 800m Time Trial....try for 4:36!

Virtual Partner : "Listen Sweetheart, that's reeeeel slow & I ain't havin' none of it! I'm goin' for 4:30 & you stay with me if you can!"

"Babe," I said quietly & secretly smiling, "just you leave it to Blondie!"

We were off reeeel quick, just like VP wanted, but his hopes were dashed as I pressed onwards with rapid strides & propelled myself over the finish line, while Virtual Partner was once again forced to"dance the back step", retreat, retrace his steps & go home!




Time : 4:13
Splits 2:07; 2:06

That might be a 800m PB...have to check with Ewen; I keep forgetting!

I checked : (1) it's a TRAINING PB because I've never done an 800m TT before!
(2) it's faster than the 800m RACE - ACTVAC Oct. 26 - but
(3) it's not a REAL PB until I do it in a race!

1 comment: