Sunday, December 24, 2006

Day 7 - It Rained on My Parade again.....






....but not before I'd slain Virtual Partner : score now stands at - 2 each!

Program : 800m Time Trial.

Usual warm-up, few drills, strides & "take your mark...."

My Goal was to better last time of 4:13....kill or be killed!

Everywhere here was covered in thick fog when I got over to the street course in East Bowral this morning & I depended on Cool Running colours to highlight me against any traffic that could be around at 8:30a.m.! After finishing & making it back to the car, the heavens opened & down came a deluge of wonderful rain.

On Ewen's advice, I started hard, but running by how I felt rather than closely watching VP as I usually do, until at least half-way where I saw he was 10m ahead! The poor bastard didn't know what had hit him as I tore past, thrusting my dagger right through him as he fell to his knees begging for mercy! None given!

Time : 4:10.......(by 3 seconds a training PB for 800m.)

Ewen said it was a fantastic victory to finish the year with & he should know - He got me there!

.....To All Bloggers!

7 comments:

  1. Hello LL

    Ewen was right a great TT! Your running history is also impressive as is your blog. I have seen your comments on other blogs from time to time but I haven't read your blog until today. Glad I did, I'll be back.Merry Christmas to you and yours too.Bye for now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one LL! What a way to finish the year :-)

    Have a wonderful Christmas, hopefully you've been a good girl this year and Santa brings you lots of luverly pressies ;-)

    Beki

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas LL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the pb...great running! Although who's going to pace you now that you've knocked off vp ;)
    Have a wonderful Christmas and all the best for 2007.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work LL

    As always it has been a priviledge to follow your blog this year.

    Have a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good on you for slaying VR - he can be a such a smug SOB! Ewen is doing a great job but then again he has a great student!

    Hpe you had a lovely xmas day. Looking forward to seeing you sometime in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done LL, a great session and a PB is a PB!!!

    Stu was here!

    ReplyDelete