Sunday, December 10, 2006

Day 7 - My Friend Flicker......



...that's what I call him. He's the friendliest of horses & loves to be patted & when I leave he trots along beside the fence till he reaches the end of the paddock.

Program: 10-12km @ "talking to the cows/horses" pace....nice & easy.

Just over 13km to the end of Diamond Fields Road & back, for shade & off bitumen surfaces.

Great place for a quiet jog...not another human in sight.

Cool & misty to start, but hot & dry coming back...I've never seen this usually green area looking so brown, dry & dusty.

A niggle in my right knee on the return caused me to walk up the hills....will have to keep an eye on this. Iced & Voltarin during the day.

Now....I must take a look at what Ewen has 'cooked up' for this week.........!

5 comments:

  1. I am so envious LL it always looks so serene.

    Not envious of that knee though - look after it please ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talking to Horses and Cows pace...
    Sounds like a fairly relax run to me!

    Well it's good to enjoy this caper and not get too carried away isn't it.

    R2B

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what my runs have been missing! All runs need more horses ;-)

    Hope the knee settles down quickly

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have the best places to run at. That road looks very serene.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must admit that I've checked out your loooong run on Motion Based before I read your blog and was very impressed!

    Keep on chatting to Mr Ed.

    ReplyDelete