Monday, May 14, 2007

Best Foot Forward......




...Ironmines Oval, Mittagong.


Today's session deserves a post all of its own! Now......


I'm the first to admit that I'm as susceptible as anyone to a compliment or flattery...probably more so as I get older & they get fewer! Easy to imagine then how pleased I was this morning, at the very instant I was about to put my best foot forward on Ironmines Oval, to receive the following text message from Ewen!

But first & to put it into its proper context : I know less about computers than I do about running (bought one & struck out on my own from there), so on the rare occasion I have a problem I usually ask Ewen who knows as much about computers as he does about running.................................& he knows a LOT about running! Anyone who reads his blogs will agree with that & that is not flattery , just the truth! Next thing I want to know, Ewen, is how you put a link to someone's blog when you mention their name!

Anyhow, it was obvious I was having a problem with my blog - a vast, empty space below recent posts that I couldn't remove or fix. Straight away I fired off an e-mail to Ewen & just as smartly back came a reply & the solution. ..no need to say what that was because probably everyone else knows the cause except me!

Now, back to the text message which, honestly, came through just as I was about to take the first step of today's run :


"Did you get rid of your blank space? (Not the one in your head)."



How about that? Ain't it the truth!! And that's how I came to have a laugh 3kms long!






......blank space again!! Oh No!!!!









4 comments:

  1. Hehehehe

    Don't coaches have a way with words.
    See you on Sunday.Gnome will be cheering us both on.

    TA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that Ewen is a real card, "he needs to be dealt with." I often smile out loud thinking about his posts and comments on other people's blogs.

    Case in point, the comment posted on 2P's blog recently about eating chips from a Mcdonald's bag.

    All the best for your coming races LL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That one's okay. About the same amount of blank space as in your head.

    I'll demonstrate how to fix it when I see you on Saturday.

    By the way, that Steve is a real card too. Even funnier since he stopped eating black fish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I were nearby to dong Ewen on the head!

    As much flattery and compliments as I can post - to you!

    Miss you heaps, remember the big picture!

    ReplyDelete