Sunday, May 06, 2007

A Long Morning's Run Into Afternoon....

Program : 120 minutes run.



Total Running Time = 2 hours 28 minutes.



I had set out to do 2.5 hours on my feet...just to make sure I could still do it....and then to run the last 30 minutes at a faster pace. Little did I know that my legs would be horribly tired by 2 hours with still 30 minutes to go!


Range Road to Glenquarry plus 15 minutes down Macquarie Pass (& back up again!), then up that awful hill out of Glenquarry (walked that one!), passing a dead snake that wasn't there on the way out, but must have come out to sunbake & got squashed by a car!


I stopped for lots of photos, drinks from taps, looking around & giving directions to two different car drivers who had become lost. One lot took off & by mistake drove onto a "No Through" road before I could stop them. I knew they'd be back in about 10 minutes so I waited & signaled them in the right direction....they were very pleased to see me the second time!


Amazingly, but being a pedantic so-and-so (like Ewen whom I refer jokingly to as a 'pedantic bastard') though my legs felt dead ( & so did the rest of me), I made myself increase the pace for the last 30 minutes, which on those hills got the old heart rate up to 90% of Max. When my car came into sight where I'd parked along the side of a section on Range Road, I imagined it was the SMH Half & sprinted to the finish line at 5.5mpk pace!


Avg. Speed = 7.4; Max = 12.5

Avg. HR = 103 (66%); Max. HR = 140 (90%).

Running Distance = 18.5km

Running Time 2 hrs. 28 minutes. Total Time 2 hrs. 57 mins.

Start 10:00 a.m.
Finish 1:00 p.m. approx.


A shower, something to eat (no brekky), a short nap late afternoon & feel fine again! Taper starting this week.


2 comments:

  1. It's great to see that you've still got it in you to go long. Looking forward to catching up with at SMH Half.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have worked hard . Enjoy the taper.

    ReplyDelete