Monday, July 09, 2007

Sunday Long Run #1

Waking at 8:00a.m.....one degree! I did not go out!

Program (from Ewen) to Melbourne Marathon (entry in):
Sunday, July 8: Long Run, 20km.

One degree, but sunny. I waited until 11:00a.m. for the morning to warm up. It didn't. On Range Road heavy black clouds soon gave way to sleet which hurts the face & then rain that soaks the clothes! After about 3km I saw some old deserted cow sheds in a property near the road & sheltered there till the worst was over & set off again in lighter rain. I felt too miserable & wet even to take a photo of this welcome shelter!

I ran a 10km loop from the car, twice. After the first 10km, I left a soaked jacket in the car, had a GU (which made me feel sick!) drank some water & began the second 10km loop. It was a hard, hilly run & the weather conditions had me well & truly exhausted & struggling to finish. At home a hot shower didn't warm me, but the electric blanket did!

Run: 20km. 2 hours 35 minutes. 5km splits 40:06; 38:10; 38:30; 38:46
First 30 minutes heart rate 110; then 118 - 125bpm

I'm taking my resting heart rate (on waking, lying down) for a week. So far : Friday 46, Saturday 47, Sunday 45 bpm.

5 comments:

  1. Those GU things make me sick too. Still need to do lots of experimentation to get the dosage right I think. Great long run there LLs and more than I am doing at present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bloody hell , you are one fit chick L.L. - Quote I'm taking my resting heart rate (on waking, lying down) for a week. So far : Friday 46, Saturday 47, Sunday 45 bpm.unquote - WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee whizz you are a fit young bugger Miss LL! A resting HR like that has to be near elite ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness for electric blankets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I am ashamed... :-(

    I *didn't* go out on Sunday because it was too cold, and I'll bet it was a fair bit warmer than 1 degree...

    The wimp (aka Gnome)

    ReplyDelete