Monday, August 20, 2007

Bankstown Half Marathon......


Odzookens! I had the company of not one, but two of my favourite men in yesterday's Bankstown Half Marathon! Plu ran the entire race with me because he wanted a slow run....and he got it! Eagle came back out on the course when we had 9km to go & from thereon this happy trio chatted, jogged, sloshed & even ran.... all the way for me to finish in 2 hours 36 minutes.

I was pleased with the time considering the conditions : rain (which I'd much prefer to the heat), running in soaked clothing, 2 toilet stops(!) AND those hills which, as has happened to Mr Rudd under different circumstance, I'd completely forgotten about! Anyhow, as is popular to do so now, any discomfort I felt can all be blamed on 'global warming'!
Up early 4:30a.m.; left Mittagong at 5:30a.m. & had a quick but wet drive to Georges Hall as I think the area is called where the races were run. Time to do a 3km warm-up, collect bib & we were off. I won a prize in the lucky draw - a fold-up canvas chair, with one drink holder. With no competition for an age category win, I got that too!
Time = 2hours 36 minutes.
Avg. HR = 82% (121); Max HR = 92% (137).
Avg. Pace = 7:20


A red letter day.....heyday!

7 comments:

  1. Well done LL. On the race AND on your two charming companions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on a great race LL. Congrats on scooping all the prizes as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With such lovely men for company its no wonder they call you Lucky Legs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You looked like you were having a ball out there Chickybabe. Plu was lucky that you decided to stick with him. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LL - wish i'd known about the 'warm down' jog cause I would have joined you all :)

    You looked great out there on Sunday & i'm sorry we couldn't catch up more but i'm happy to get my hug from you.

    Kx

    ReplyDelete
  6. LL - wish i'd known about the 'warm down' jog cause I would have joined you all :)

    You looked great out there on Sunday & i'm sorry we couldn't catch up more but i'm happy to get my hug from you.

    Kx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Untitled!

    Looks like a complicated course. Lucky you had Plu with you and not Horrie ;)

    ReplyDelete