Sunday, September 09, 2007

Sunday Long Run...last one for a while!











For a change of scenery, I decided on Range Road for the last of the very long runs leading up to Melbourne Marathon.. Perfect morning, cool, slight breeze, otherwise calm & quiet.

Google Earth is showing the first of 3 x 10km loops that I ran out from & back to the car. Lastly 1 x 2km loop (the hardest!) to make a total of 32km. As usual, I had gels, water & sports drink - and a few other bits & pieces - in the car for each return loop.

I think this run was quite a bit easier than any of the other long runs (up to 34km) that I've been doing on Sundays.

The aim was to keep heart rate between 105 and 113 all the time - though up a bit on hills of which there were plenty........
1st 10km in 1:18.31...AHR = 109 (73%)
2nd 10km in 1:19.24...AHR = 107 (72%)
3rd 10km in 1:18.55...AHR = 112 (75.%)

1 x 2km in 15:38... AHR = 108 (73%)

My legs were very tired & I was sorely tempted not to set out on that final 2km...but I couldn't let it beat me! I thought it was a good, last, long effort.
Total for the Week = 78.5km




4 comments:

  1. I always feel like such a slacker when I read about your long runs LL! I'm sure you'll have a great run at MM, you've put in so much hard work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great week there LL. Should pay dividends come marathon day.

    Stay cold and flu free!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice work LL - not long now....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you should be feeling pretty confident LL. All the hard work is done. Just keep the legs ticking over now and Melbourne will be another one under the belt.

    ReplyDelete