Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Attack of the Killer Rooster!


I hardly ever think about what might be the way I die even though I realize it's a definite at some stage! But today, I truly believed I saw it coming in the form of a big, bloody killer rooster!

This morning, as I usually do after my run, I lay on the grass in the soccer field where I've parked the car, in order to do some stretching. For several weeks there's been a rooster wandering the nearby street & field pecking for food. Never bothered me & I love all animals anyhow, so as it came closer to where I was lying, I started up a friendly conversation, still lying on my back with feet up on a railing, doing the right thing & draining away all the bad blood from my legs & renewing them with good blood when I stood up.

However, before that happened, this huge, bloody rooster flew straight for my face!! I had my cap in hand - my nice new Melbourne Marathon one - & used it to keep whacking the monster over the head as I struggled to my feet.

Well, that was the signal for the killer teenage chook to begin combat - the beastly thing kept on flying at my legs while I screamed at the top of my voice - to no avail I might add - & belting it over the head with my lovely new cap! After about 3 minutes of this I thought 'my time has come; I'm about to leave this world having been shredded by a chook! I didn't know what else to do but edge towards the road & make a dash for the car, which I did but with the terminator in full flight after me!

Like I said, I seldom think about the way I'll exit this planet, but never in my wildest dreams did I think it might be at the hands/claws of a big, fat, ugly, bastard of a rooster! The rooster might crow, but I wish it would croak. Give me the Killer Tomatoes any day, especially if George Clooney is the star!

I think I deserved the good news delivered by the mailman later in the day : I'd won a Polar FS1 heart rate monitor - valued at $109 - for 1st Place in Age Category, Blackmore's Half Marathon!
I may need it in case my Forerunner 305 died of shock during the rooster attack!


Finally, today's run : 10km. 5km out from the car in 42:20; AHR 111; Pace 8:23.

5km back to the car in 40:46; AHR 112; Pace 8:03


13 comments:

  1. It must be something in the air.

    Both Rob and myself had separate confrontations with an angry duck when we were out cycling around the regatta centre at Penrith last weekend.

    It's good to have you back blogging too!

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did the rooster think you were an old chook.

    Anyway I have been meaning to catch up with you. Your email address I have in my address book is wrong. Can you please drop me a line so I can update my email address please

    ReplyDelete
  3. LL is mistaken for chicken feed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool a nice little win there LL.

    Roosters can be very nasty! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like it should have been an entry on 'Funniest Home video'. You were probably terrified but your description had me in stitches! Sorry! Hope you and your cap have fully recovered!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I'm sure he just thought you were a lovely young chickie and was trying to impress you!

    Good neg split.

    TA

    ReplyDelete
  7. *lol* nah, he was jealous of your legs. Saw you as competition!

    go Chickie. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a right cock-up - glad you survived - hate to see you go through fowl play ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope the old farmer's alarm clock didn't do any damage, other than your pride of course. I have to admit, I got more than just a little chuckle out of the image you created with that story. Keep us posted when next LL meets her dreaded foe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 2P, I'm impressed - two puns in one comment!

    Carry your axe with you next time grasshopper. That works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was fantastic LL. The story not the incident, that is.

    Only disappointed that I couldn't get in and make a comment before all the other punsters. But you have to get up early to beat those roosters/ I dare not say cocks!

    I have had experience with those there agressive roosters. When my first son was a toddler one went for his face a drew blood! I had to kick the blasted bird across the yard before it would stop.

    Anyway you take care and have some KFC tonight for therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep they can be nasty. Glad you had a win LL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whew! I felt guilty having a bit of a giggle .... until I read the other comments.

    ReplyDelete