Thursday, October 18, 2007

Still Just Grasshopping....



Program: Walk/Jog : 2 /4 for 42 minutes.

This was OK with a little less walking & a little more jogging!

After some Google searching, I've found a couple of exercises for the micro-tear in my tensor fascias latae muscle. I like the sound of that diagnosis....sounds like something real runners get! I've been doing these & another suggestion made on the message board, but I can't remember who wrote it or where it is!

Anyhoo, as 2P says in his blog, as soon as I get home from training I lie on the floor & have my legs raised onto the bed until my feet begin to tingle. If I remember rightly, this sends all the 'bad' blood back to the heart which then immediately starts to pump 'good' blood back to the legs when I stand up! What a clever thing the body is!

I can do a short run tomorrow ......5 or 6k! Goodbye grasshoppers!

2 comments:

  1. I think you should change your latae to a cafe latte

    Much more civilised - unless, of course, you prefer cappuccinos!

    wt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take it easy with the grasshopping Chickybabe. Make sure you allow enough time for a proper recovery from your gruelling run in Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete