Monday, December 17, 2007

Forget About this morning's Run.....

Look at what came in the mail :

Powered by GoodWidgets.com


Some weeks back, CR 'Digger' said he was sending me a "Finisher's" towel for the Melbourne Marathon....there were none left when I finished!

In today's mail, with the towel, he also sent me a "Team Digger T-Shirt", a DVD of the Marathon and...WAIT FOR IT!

To crown it all, literally.......a new Cool Running cap on which he had asked Robert DeCastella to write a message & autograph it personally for me!! Added to that, my name & the Australian flag had been embroidered on the sides & back! I can't think that I will ever own a more cherished and precious piece of memorabilia.

The message says: "Go Norma - Luckylegs - May they never fail you!"

After his autograph, Deek has signed off with the time for his marathon PB 2:07:51.....what a nice touch that is!

And I have 'Digger' and 'Deek' to thank for the lot!

What more can I say...I'm speechless!

7 comments:

  1. Now comes the tough choice. Do you wear it and wash it and make Deek's message fade, or do you frame it and hang it on a wall where few will ever see it?? Decisions, decisions... :-)

    A wonderful present for a very deserving lady!

    Gnome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I know why you are called Lucklegs!!

    What a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good one Norma. And Digger. Love Deek signing it 2:07.51 his Marathon PB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the coolest CR cap ever!

    Of course you'll have to wear it - just don't sweat. Hand wash only!

    That Digger is a top bloke.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best of Surprises are the least expected, and the most treasured.

    Deeks Track at Stromlo Forest Park is a must for you to visit when next in Canberra

    ReplyDelete