Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2008 - First Run!

Tuesday's training changed from road running to Chev x-country + track, but basically the same session just a change of course. Up till now, it's been 4km warm-up & 3km back at AHR 127 on Old South Road.

Program : 7km
4km x-country warm-up.
8 laps of Lane 8 with AHR 127 (85%). Time each 2 laps.

I won't try to work out how anyone -i.e. me - could mess up such a session but I did. Usually I have 'auto-lap' turned off & use the lap button at the appropriate times, but today I must have set the monitor for something else as well as lapping manually at the end of each 2 laps. The results on Motion Based might just as well be written in hieroglyphics for all I could make of them!

By using the Motion Based "Map Player" & watching the red dot race round & round, I was able to work out times for each 2 laps but I wouldn't swear to their accuracy. I also did one extra lap by mistake!!
Anyhow, here they are :

4km warm-up through the very quiet grounds.....good!
8 laps...time each 2 laps : 5:47; 5:59**; 5:47; 5:41
AHR 124; MHR 130.
Distance = 3.4km. Time = 23:14

**Slowed down here to listen to a reply text message from Ewen because I'd forgotten what heart rate to use!! This is a truly sad start to the New Year!
Counting the extra lap, warm-up & 8 laps, Total Distance for the day = 7.8km

1 comment:

  1. If it is such a sad start to the year then things can only get better I figure.

    I am retiring my blog and would like to wish you goodbye and good luck. You have truely inspired me to push harder and to do my best. Thanks you.

    ReplyDelete