Monday, January 14, 2008

Stormy Weather....Week 11 of 23.



Feeling back to 'normal' this morning, I was able to do yesterday's long run today.


Program : 20km. Start easy. Record AHR but don't worry about it.


Yesterday's top temperature was 35 degrees, today's... 15 degrees! No sun, some light drizzle & I felt fit enough to do the full distance I should have done yesterday : 22km.

Recent storms had washed away the top dirt & gravel on Diamond Fields Road and adjacent lanes, leaving rocks & stones of all shapes & sizes to manoeuvre around.... a couple of fallen trees didn't make it any easier! Trying to run on this surface was hard on the legs, especially knees which, eight hours later, are still aching! During the return section I could feel the stones through the soles of my shoes at every step. I stopped to drink from 2 taps & ate half a Power Bar at half way.

11km out in 1:35 with AHR 100, MHR 111.
11k back in 1:39 with AHR 104, MHR 115.

Total Distance = 22.2km. AHR = 102 (68%). Time = 3 hours 14 minutes = long time on feet = productive session!


1 comment:

  1. That looks perfect for Steeplechase practise. I'll give you a few tips next time you're in Canberra - you could get the W75 ACT Record!

    ReplyDelete